Friday 21 March 2014

DRAFT Evaluation Question 6 -



What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Whilst creating my music magazine, i used a variety of technological resources which aided me during the process. Below is a list of the types of equipment i used whilst creating my music magazine -



Google Chrome -
During the research and planning section of the course, i opted to use Google Chrome to discover style models of magazines, images of what types of artists/models were best suited for my genre of magazine and information on specific audience types.





Microsoft Word -
The use of Microsoft Word enabled me to type up my article and discover a variety of fonts which i then went on to use on my final magazine e.g. i discovered the font 'HATTENSCHWEILER' from Microsoft Word and then went on to use it as the main font on my magazine. The use of Microsoft Word also allowed me to correct any spelling or punctuation errors before inserting the article onto my final double page spread.





PowToon -
During the pitching process of the course, I was required to create a pitch in an interesting way which could clearly portray my ideas. PowToon allowed me to complete this task as i was able to create a 20 word pitch video using this particular application.




Scribd -
This particular application was also extremely useful during the planning stage of the course. I opted to use Scribd as a way of publishing my magazine analysis from Microsoft Word to my blog, in a way which allowed the page to appear neat whilst on the blog.





Camera -
This particular piece of equipment, commonly known as the Nikon D3200, is what i used to photograph my chosen models. This particular camera allowed me to produce a vast amount of photos which appeared crystal clear and extremely professional, something required when creating an aesthetically pleasing, professional music magazine.







Blogger -
Blogger was a crucial piece of technology which I used throughout the entirety of my coursework. Blogger allowed me to upload and publish every piece of coursework (including images, articles, videos etc.) it also allowed me to give and respond to peer feedback, and enabled the teachers to view my work in an extremely clear way. 













Computer -
This particular piece of technology is what enabled me to produce the majority of the work. This is in fact the school computer which is officially known as the Intel core 13 system and edge 10 monitor. This particular piece of equipment allowed me to research magazines, design my magazine and add images to my magazine, it also enabled me to post regular updates to my blog as well as allow me to type the entire article. However, during the designing process i also opted to use my home laptop to ensure that all work was completed on time, my home laptop is the Samsung RV511.



Photoshop -
This particular piece of software, commonly known as Photoshop, allowed me to design and create my prelim, draft and final magazines. After being taught only the basics at the start of the course, i was able to develop my knowledge, skills and understanding on this programme and was able to use my newly found abilities to create a variety of magazine pages.




Memory Stick -
To enable myself to upload images to my computer i needed to use a memory stick. This device allowed me to upload a vast amount of images from the camera onto the computer so that i was able to edit the images in order for them to appear throughout my magazine.



1 comment:

  1. Good answer. Remove tripod as this isn't technology. You could add Blogger as this was vital in presenting your work and enabling you to receive instant feedback from peers and teachers etc Also Twitter, Prezzi, Animoto if relevant?

    ReplyDelete